** Makes 12 cups **
This is one of our family’s favorite dinners! It’s incredibly flavorful, and really good for you. (If you are doing Trim Healthy Mama, this is a “Fuel Pull” meal! *cheer!*) It’s also really great re-heated later! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
Crock pot or soup pot: This recipe can be made either way. Prep time plus cook time: 1 hour for the soup pot. Crock pot, can cook all day on low, but it’s important to wait to add the fresh vegetables until the last 10 minutes.
- 6 Chicken breasts, cubed and boiled
- 8 c. fat-free Chicken broth
- 14 oz. can Diced tomato, Mexican flavor
- 1 Roasted red pepper packed in water, chopped
- 1/4 of a Chipotle pepper in Adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 can Diced chili’s
- 1/2 tsp. Cumin
- 2 tsp. Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. Fresh Oregano (or 1/2 tsp. dried)
- 2 tsp. Salt
- 2 Tbl. Lime juice
- 2 c. Green beans, chopped
- 1/2 c. Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 2 small zucchini (8 oz.), quartered and sliced
- 1 Tomatillo, chopped (not tomato)
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red (or green) pepper, chopped
- Thaw, cube, and set chicken to boil in water to cook.
- Heat broth in large pot (or crock pot) with the non-fresh vegetables and cooked chicken. Cover and bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer.
- Food processor chop all fresh vegetables and spices, and add them all at the same time 10 minutes prior to serving.
- Simmer all together 10 min. and serve hot! *smile*
- Serve with shredded co-jack cheese and corn chips
Without the chicken (which I added myself) or cheese or chips: 43 calories, 3g protein, 0g fat, 8g carbohydrate (net 6), 2g. fiber, 3g, sugar, 553 mg sodium, 0mg cholesterol.
Happy, healthy cooking!
This article was provided by http://www.chocolush.co.uk